Aš - Podhradí - Hranice - Mokřiny
Borová u Poličky
Brandýs nad Labem - Stará Boleslav
Bučina - Růžový Palouček
České Budějovice - Kaplice
Cheb - Františkovy Lázně - Plesná
Herlíkovice - Vrchlabí
Heršpice - Slavkov
Horní Dubenky (Ober Dubenky)
Horní Vilémovice - Kralice nad Oslavou
Hronov - Tis
Javorník na Veličkou
Klobouky u Brna
Krucemburk (Kreuzberg) - Chotěboř(Chotieborsch)
Kutná Hora (Kuttenberg)
Letohrad (Giersberg) - Kunvald (Kunwald) - Písařov (Schreibendorf)
Lysá nad Labem (Lissa an der Elbe)
Mělník (Melnik) - Vysoká u Mělníka (Wisoka)
Merklín near Přeštice
Nejdek - Jáchymov
Neratovice - Libiš (Neratowitz - Libisch)
Nové Město na Moravě
Nové Město pod Smrkem
Nymburk - Hořátev
Olomouc and The Olomouc region
Pelhřimov - Strměchy
Proseč u Skutče
Prusinovice . Bytřice pod Hostýnem
Střítež nad Bečvou - Rožnov pod Radhoštěm
Suchdol nad Odrou
The Karlovy Vary (Carlsbad) Region
Třebechovice pod Orebem - Běleč nad Orlicí
Třebíč - Myslibořice
Trnávka - Chvaletice
Trutnov - Janské Lázně
Ústí nad Labem
Velká (Hrubá) Lhota
Velká Lhota near Dačice
Český Brod Basin spreads in the east of Prague and derives its name from the town of Český Brod (219 metres above sea level with 6,637 inhabitants). The name means the Czech Ford as the town lies on the stream Šembera. It used to be an important place on so-called Trstenická path which had connected Prague with southern and eastern Europe. The town of Český Brod was founded as a market settlement above the ford across the Šembera by Prague bishop Jan I. In the year 1268 Jan III of Dražice, another Prague bishop made the local market settlement a town and it was called Biskupský Brod at the time. During the Hussite Wars the town supported the Hussites and in the year 1437 it was awarded the status of the royal town. In the year 1444 all the Hussite parties came to Český Brod to discuss a significant topic, observance of Compacts of Prague.
Since the year 1920 Český Těšín has been sharing a fate of a town divided by the state borders. It used to be a bilingual but it is still one city. It lies on the left bank of the river Olše at the edge of the Ostrava Basin at an altitude of 270 metres and 25, 573 inhabitants live there. It is surrounded by several dams and the nearest town is a Polish town Cieszyn. It has several superlatives: the biggest and the busiest border crossing with Poland, the most important centre of the Polish minority in the Czech Republic and the smallest number of historical monuments in a divided town. Although, the Museum of the Těšín Region remained here as well as the Museum Library Silesia and the railway station of Košice-Bohumín track from the middle of the 19th century, most of the historical monuments can be found in the Polish side. Český Těšín had to face and deal with all these factors during the years; the ethnic relations between Czech, Poles and Germans were not negligible, either. Finally, in the year 1938 a Czech part of Těšín was connected to Poland and the town was formally united. But on the 1st of September 1939 the town was invaded by the German army and it became a part of the Great German Empire. This disastrous situation affected hardestly the Jewish community in both parts of Těšín: synagogues were burned and the Jewish inhabitants were deported to the extermination camps.
Near Jimramov, in a protected landscape area of the Žďár Hills, at the southern hill-side of Buchtův hill lies a small municipality of Daňkovice. At an altitude of 685 metres above sea level there live about 136 inhabitants. The municipality was already mentioned for the first time in connection with the year 1350. At that time Daňkovice was a part of the Pernštejn domain and besides peasant settlements the little cottages of day labourers were scattered over the slopes of the hills. The villagers made their living by weaving, by working on the poor fields and in the forest.
Děčín – in the past it was a name of a king town, today it is a name of a statutory town derived from an ancient Slavic tribe of the Děčans. The town with a rich but also a troubled history, the town located on the confluence of the river Elbe and the river Ploučnice, surrounded by a beauty of the rock towns, deep gorges and beautiful views; this town is also home for 50,000 inhabitants living in a centre of the town and also in surrounding neighbourhoods.
“Domažlice is a lovely little town,“ are the words of a song from the region of Chodsko. And the song is right. Domažlice (428 metres above sea level, almost 11,000 inhabitants), located only 16 kilometres from the German border is a traditional centre of the Chodsko region. Famous villages of Chodsko – Klenčí, Postřekov, Újezd, Trhanov or Draženov are situated at the foothill of Čerchov (1,041 metres) which is a part of the Bohemian Forest. It is not far from Domažlice.
Vrchlabí lies at the foothills of the Krkonoše Mountains under the slope Přední Žalý and the Jankův Hill at an altitude of 477 metres. The river Elbe flows through the town. In this important tourist centre and the surrounding villages where the road to Špindlerův Mlýn leeds along the Elbe valley, there live about 13,500 inhabitants.
Heršpice, a little village in the South Moravian Region, is located only six kilometres from Slavkov, at the border of the Ždánický Forest National Park, 281 metres above sea level. The village has the population of fewer than 600 people. In the 13th century Heršpice belonged to the Slavkov domain. In 1237 Václav I presented the Order of German Knights with it and in 1411 it became possession of Václav IV. From the early 16th century to 1919 the domain was owned by the Kounics whose most notable member V. A. Kounic, after beeing appointed a Chancellor by Marie Terezie, was influencing Austrian foreign policy for forty years. At the turn of the 19th and 20th century, Dr Václav Duke Kounic built hostels for students in Brno. The hostels became famous during German occupation as a gestapo prison and its torture and execution place.
In the Podbeskydské Hills at the southern edge of the Natural park Kojetín along the brook Zrzávka the municipality Hodslavice is stretching. A road connecting Nový Jičín and Valašské Meziříčí is crossing the village. There is a nice hilly countryside with plenty of forests, fields and meadows. The village is at an altitude of 337 metres and over 1,700 inhabitants live here.
Horní Čermná can be found in the eastern part of the Pardubice Region, to the north of Lanškroun. It is situated in beautiful, wooded countryside in Podorlicko region at an altitude of 421 metres. It is a typical valley village: around 1,500 people live in the valley which is 7 kilometres long. The first mention of Čermná is from the 14th century when it was inhabited by the German colonists. At this time the domain belonged to the diocese in Litomyšl. In 1421 the Hussites conquered Litomyšl and since then the Czech population which professed the Hussite faith and later also the faith of the Unity of Brethren, has prevailed. In the land register of 1536 the records are mostly in the Czech language. The bell of today‘s Roman Catholic Church has got Czech inscription and inscribed the year 1536. The family of Kostkas of Postupice bought the domain in the 15th century and they also supported the Utraquist faith. However, things changed in 1620 after the Battle of the White Mountain. Charles of Lichtenstein became the new owner of the domain. He performed, with the help of Jesuits, hard counter-Reformation measures. Many Protestants from Čermná left to live abroad in the early 18th century. Some of them found their home in German Rixdorf (a part of Berlin), others learnt about the foundation of the Restored Unity of Brethren in Herrhut (Ochranov in Czech) in Saxony and moved there. Those who remained, became the witnesses of the Toleration Patent by Joseph II in 1781.