Nosislav lies south of Brno, on the river Svratka, just a few kilometres from Židlochovice and 186 metres above sea level and has a population of 1,200 people. Furtile countryside verges from Ždánický Forest into the Dyje-Svratka Vale. The region abounds in vineyards and there are large plantations with apricot and apple trees.

The very first records about Nosislav date back to 1278 when it was a part of Židlochovice domain. Later it was owned by the Žerotíns. All the area professed the Utraquist faith, members of the Unity of Brethren were very active here from the middle of the 15th century. There used to be a late Gothic water citadel of which only a part of a dwelling-house and remains of a moat have survived till these days. Nosislav received the status of a little town in 1486. After the Battle of the White Mountain, Roman Catholic priests were instituted to Židlochovice and Nosislav. During the Thirty Years’ War, the town underwent a lot of suffering and almost all local people died. The St. Jacob’s Church from the 16th century was allegedly built on the place where a Romanesque buiding used to stand. It burnt down in 1643. Poverty and suffering kept tormenting Nosislav in the 18th century, too.

The 19th century passed, followed by the period of the Czechoslovak Republic. A short relief after World War II was followed by the hard times which the communist regime brought, especially to rural areas: forced collectivization along with harmful interventions in nature.

In spite of all difficulties, the Protestant tradition of the region was not forgotten. Secret Protestants wanted to establish their Reformed congregation already in 1781 but officially it was formed a year latter in 1782. In the beginning, Protestants from Miroslav and nearby villages were coming to Nosislav. Brno had also been its filial congregation, before an independent congregation was established there in 1906.

The first house of prayer was built between 1782 to 1783 and was used by the congregation for a long time before the decision on building a new church free from the toleration restrictions came in 1872. It was constructed according to František Schmoranz’s architectural design on a piece of land opposite the rectory. The three-nave Neo-Romanesque church with a quadrilateral tower was finished in four years and has become an important building for the whole congregation. The Nosislav congregation built also a rectory, reconstructed in the 1960s when it got its present look.

Hus House, another building important for the Nosislav congregation, was built in 1913 and modernized recently. Its prayer hall, the youthclub room as well as the garden behind the house are all used by the congregation now. Range of events, organized here by the congregation members, are popular with inhabitants of Nosislav and frequently attended.