Sloupnice, a long village along a road from Ústí nad Orlicí to Vysoké Mýto was founded in the 13th century by Václav II. The White Swan (Bílá labuť) brook flows through this municipality with almost 2,000 inhabitants and an altitude of 390 metres. The swan is also in the emblem of Sloupnice.
The Kostkas of Postupice family owned the municipality. Later it belonged to the Pernštejns. In 1554–1848 Sloupnice belonged to Litomyšl. Many Protestants lived in Sloupnice and in the surroundings, also thanks to the congregation of the Unity of Brethren in Litomyšl. A local church was Protestant, too. After the Battle of the White Mountain it was abandoned.
In the era of persecution during the counter-Reformation, Jesuits behaved the worst. The Toleration Patent was received with relief even though its observance by the authorities was not without problems.
The Protestant congregation of the Reformed confession was founded in Sloupnice also for the surrounding villages in 1783. A place for a house of prayer was already found, too. The nobility however ordered that it had to stand in a nearby Džbánov. They had only a rectory in Sloupnice but meanwhile, in 1795 they also could build a house of prayer. It stands on the same level as the Catholic church and until now it has been an example of the classical toleration house of prayer. Today there is a small foyer with a chalice under the volute gable. Later changes which had been done during repairs did not disturb its toleration style.
Eventhough, today’s congregation is weakened especially by a migration of the inhabitants, its members faithfully attend their toleration house of prayer and they care for it.