Veselí, today a part of Dalečín, is situated in the wooded hilly countryside in the eastern part of the Žďár Hills protected landscape area close to the Svratka Highlands natural park. The whole village counts 690 inhabitants and lies at 472 metres above sea level.
In 1486 Veselí together with its surrounding land was bought by the Pernštejns and later by noblemen of Kunštát. This region was from way back Protestant. One of Dalečín owners, Vilém Dubský of Třebomyslice, even issued sacred (Lutheran) rules for his domain in 1608. The counter-Reformation was not very successful here. An interesting personality from that time was teacher Tomáš Juren who dared to go to Žitava (today German Zittau) and Prešpurk (today Bratislava) for prayer books. After the declaration of the Toleration Patent the local Protestants joined the Reformed confession. Tomáš Juren played an important role in the establishment of the Veselí congregation. The first church service took place under a big cherry tree at the end of May 1782, however, the congregation was not officially established until 1783. A stone toleration house of prayer with straight windows and mansard roof was completed the same year. In 1840 it was partly renovated: a new pulpit was moved to the longer side of the building and a year later a new organ was placed on the gallery. A bit later the windows were enlarged and arched at the top. In 1928 a tower was added to the longer, frontal side. The author of all changes was architect Bohumír Kozák. The first wooden rectory was constructed already in 1783. The latter rectory was rebuilt in 1908. The cemetery surrounding the church is still in use. Worth mentioning is a fortified Gothic Church of St. Michael which can be found on a hill above Vítochov, close to Dalečín. It was erected in the 13th century and later partly rebuilt in a Baroque style. Inside there are the historic stone altar and the remains of old Gothic frescos. It is one of the oldest extant churches in Moravia.
Even a peaceful life of a remote congregation was influenced by World War II. In the woods surrounding Veselí hid partisans who could not survive without the help of the locals. They demonstrated their unpretentious and evident bravery. Miraculously, Veselí escaped the doom of Lidice: when German soldiers searched the village, the partisans were hiding in the church.
When Vírská dam was built on the Svratka river after the war, Veselí remained on its left bank. Chudobín and Korouhvice were flooded and the connection among other congregation villages became harder. Long ago, however, people got used to it and Veselí congregation with its beautiful toleration church lives on.