The first mention of Prusinovice dates back to 1349. In 1521, Jan Vilém Prusinovský of Víckov decided to bring brethren to preach in the local St. Catherine‘s Church. There are valuable tombstones of the Prusinovskýs family of Víckov. Jan Adam of Víckov, a leader of the Wallachian uprising, was also descended from this family.
After the Battle of the White Mountain the Prušinovskýs` family property was confiscated. It changed owners several times in the following years. As soon as the Toleration Patent was issued, people began to profess the Augsburg confession but later, in 1789, they started to profess a Reformed religion. A toleration house of prayer was built in the 1790s and was in use till 1848 when a foundation stone of a new church was laid. The Neo-Classicist church with a quadrilateral tower was finished in 1856. Ten years later, an organ was bought and some alterations were done afterwards.
The original rectory was damp and unsuitable for living. A new rectory was built in 1954 and it is used up to these days. The preaching station in Bystřice pod Hostýnem with Sola Gratia, its vacation centre, is also a part of the Prusinovice congregation. Apart from leisure activities, various courses and youth meetings are held here, among the most popular ones are events given by a music master of the Evangelical Church of Czech Brethren.